A friend of my parents recently sent us an e-mail telling about how her son has been so constantly in prayer for my Dad these last couple of years. They shared how the Wednesday before Dad had his transplant their son had gotten up during a prayer and praise service at church to ask for prayer that God would provide a new liver soon. That was a pretty neat encouragement for our family, and Dad shared with me his response and appreciation:
I have had three and a half very great weeks since the transplant and things are progressing well. Every day I am amazed at the way God holds us in his hand and directs our paths. I told Marcy the other day, "You know, it really does make you feel like a child of the King".
A few years ago after the Lord brought me out of the denial stage, he lead me to desire most of all that he receive glory from what ever comes of this era of my life. I always prayed that my family would be taken care of and tried to have things prepared in case the Lord wanted to take me home. However it always seemed that this was headed somewhere with a future purpose still to be completely realized. Throughout this trip I have heard from so many of my Christian friends and their churches who have prayed for my condition and the transplant. Then to see the Lord answer their prayers and build up their faith brings joy to my heart and praise to my lips. He seems to use things which come through our Christian community to draw us collectively to our knees so when the answer comes we see how he loves us and is concerned about our individual lives as well.
My heart is touched by children who take up the mantle and pray for those they see in need. It shows they see God is real in the lives of their family and demonstrates that the Kingdom of God is being passed on to the next generation. My kids have at nightly prayer times brought up request over and over again then at some point I could see why God was laying it on their heart and how he answered their prayers. I guess that's one of the most blessed things about being a parent. I thank him for the grace he gives our family, because as parents we can teach but he ultimately has to change hearts.
Liver of Dreams, Joseph