4.21.2004

Biopsy Results

We started our the day yesterday with a 7am liver biopsy at CMC. Followed by waiting in the recovery area until 1pm. Have you ever been given medicine to relax you, told to lie as still as possible (to prevent bleeding from the procedure) then try to read a book. Well let's just say I took a very long time trying to read the same paragraph over and over suspended in 317 BC wondering around Palestine. 

Our coordinator called later that afternoon with the results from pathologist report. The test showed all of my organ rejection was gone. This was a blessing beyond what we had even contemplated. I was just expecting to find the reason my liver enzymes were elevated so we could treat it. Praise God for his healing hand. They feel that a blood pressure medicine was the cause for my elevated levels. Today I have started a new medicine which should work better with my system. 

Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement, Joseph